Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Personal Selections #1 - Big KRIT

This Mississippi MC has been making waves in the game ever since 2010, with his critically acclaimed mixtape "KRIT Wuz Here." He's recently dropped his first studio albun "Live From The Underground" after another highly regarded project, "4 Eva Na Day."

People say that he's bringing the South back, as far as rap music goes. I prefer to say that he's shedding new light on what the South has to offer. Instead of the trap and club bangers we're used to from southern artists, he offers a smoother sound on the majority of his self-produced records. That's not to say that his entire catalog consists of tracks like these, but they're definitely prevalent in his work.

I picked these two because they're actually a pretty good snapshot of his style.  My personal favorite is Boobie Miles. It's mainly about overcoming obstacles.


The second one I chose is The Vent, it's almost written in the style of a stream-of-consciousness. Just thinking about life and deceased loved ones, among other things.


I hope you now see the talent that I see in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment