Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hip Hop Daily Quotable Verse #1: 7/16

Just a little something I decided to do, post a great quote or a great verse (hopefully daily).

-Day 1: 7/16-

“Ay, believe in God like the sun up in the sky, science can tell us how how, but they can’t tell us why.

I seen a baby cry, then seconds later she laughed, the beauty of life-the pain never lasts.

The rain always pass, the sun don’t always shine. When it’s gone, I’m lonely, but when it’s there, I’m fine.

I hate the winter time, because the nights come quicker, the light make them whites think I’m a nice young n***a.

But at night, they think twice, and walk a little faster. It’s funny, a hundred years ago, I would’ve called this n***a masta.

How the tables turn, but still the fire burning, I feel the heat the world is a dryer turning…turning.

I’m looking for some higher learning…learning.

Girl, you what I desire, yearning…yearning.

You can say I’m easily distracted, I think the problem is I’m easily attracted by the dark side, the temptation got me questioning where my heart lies. I’m tryna separate myself like apartheid.

But, the liquor keep swallowing.

I swear I walk with God, but the devil keep following…

I say the devil keep following, following…

I say the devil keep following, following…

I say the devil keep following, following…”

- J. Cole “The Badness”

No comments:

Post a Comment